Saturday, September 4, 2010

Back to School

The kids started back to school this week! Natalie had made a paper chain and was counting down for weeks. (Needless to say, she was excited!) She's in 4th this year. Ben is in 7th and school's not as exciting in middle school. He's not looking forward to homework but he really needs the structure of school. Olivia started Kindergarten, so she was a mix of excitement and worry. Here they are on Day 1.
Ben on the way out the door. "I'm off to meet my doom" he said. He's getting pretty tall for 12 - I think he's about 5'2" or so. He doesn't tell us much about school or how his day went. His scout leader is always telling me about some funny thing Ben did or how much Ben enjoyed such-and-such an activity, but Ben rarely tells us anything!

Natalie on her way to the bus stop. I drove Olivia, but Natalie wanted to ride the bus with her friend. They've been best friends since they were 2. They were sad to find out they're in different classes. They've been excited to learn about Idaho history this year in school.


Olivia waiting for her first day of Kindergarten. She was all smiles - just beaming all morning, dancing around, happy as can be. Right after I took this picture, the teacher opened the door to let the kids in, and Olivia burst into tears. Luckily, she had a great day and was all smiles again when I picked her up. She told me all about Kindergarten, sang me the morning song, and chattered on and on about all the fun things she did. I'm so relieved that she likes it!

I hope they all have a great year at school and learn a LOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment