Sunday, May 9, 2010

I am a slob.

Actually, it's not *ME* that's the slob, it's the rest of them. I feel like I'm always cleaning the same 100 things over and over and over. And yet I can't seem to get on top of things! Here is my great idea for trying to get a handle on the mess around here. A schedule. NOT an anal, rigid schedule, because that is *so* not my style, but more of a loose guideline for what I should focus on each day. Each day I'll try to do the normal stuff (dishes, laundry, pick up main areas, etc.) PLUS concentrate on a specific area of the house & try to get it presentable. Even if I just manage a few minutes in this "extra" area, over time it should make a big impact. That's the theory, anyway! (And I know I need to train my husband and children, and I'm working on it. But this is a concrete plan that I can try to focus on for now.)

Monday - Family Room/Eating Area/Kitchen
Dinner Helper: BEN

Tuesday - Kids Rooms/Organizing/Garage/Hotspots/Laundry caught up
Dinner Helper: NATALIE

Wednesday - Bathrooms, Entry/Hall/Stairs, Laundry Room
Dinner Helper: OLIVIA

Thursday - Kitchen/Eating Area/Family Room
Dinner Helper: BEN

Friday - Living Room, Playroom, under stairs, laundry caught up
Dinner Helper: Natalie

Saturday - chores need to be done by 10 AM.
BEN - Room, downstairs bathroom, own mess in computer room, cars when dad asks
NATALIE - Room, upstairs kids bathroom, cars when dad asks
OLIVIA - Room, playroom, cars when dad asks
ROB - Computer room, cars
ALISON - Master Bedroom, bath
Dinner Helper: OLIVIA

Sunday - Planning/Organizing - Plan preschool, plan family home evening, plan menu & shopping list, organize/file paperwork, bills, coupons, clean out purse/diaper bag, etc. Make sure Ben cleans out his exploding school binder.
Dinner Helper: DAD

1 comment:

  1. That is really great Alison! I have a similar plan (at least on paper, I TRY real hard to DO it everyday), and very similar home, and very similar slobby kids. It is really not easy keeping up with kids. It does get easier as they get trained but it seems like you can never get a break on following up on them. I wish you the best of luck :o)

    ReplyDelete